Rules And Regulations
For KENS Lock and Key World Wide Web Sites
KENS Lock and Key requires that all the visitors to our site(s) on the World Wide
Web (the "Site") adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the
Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- LAWS AND REGULATIONSUser access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable federal, state and
local laws and regulations.
- COPYRIGHT/TRADEMARKSThe trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are
the property of KENS Lock and Key and other parties. Users are prohibited from using
any Marks without the written permission of KENS Lock and Key or such third party
which may own the Marks. All content on the Site is protected by copyright. Users are
prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing,
selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any content on the Site for
commercial or public purposes.
- NO WARRANTIESALL INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF
ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY
OR ACCURACY. KENS Lock and Key does not endorse and is not responsible for the
accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made through the Site by any
party other than KENS Lock and Key. Other than as required under consumer protection
law, under no circumstance will KENS Lock and Key be liable for any loss or damage
caused by a user's reliance on information obtained through the Site. It is the
responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any
information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the
advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific
information, opinion, advice, or other content.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITYKENS Lock and Key specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in
contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental,
consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or
use of the Site, (even if KENS Lock and Key has been advised of the possibility of
such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's
- CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER COMMUNICATIONSExcept as required by law, KENS Lock and Key will maintain the confidentiality
of all user communications which contain personal user information and which are
transmitted directly to KENS Lock and Key. Postings by a user on any message board
or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential and KENS Lock and Key may
use and provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts,
know-how or other intellectual property) to any of its parent company, subsidiaries and
affiliates for any purpose whatsoever and as deemed appropriate by KENS Lock and
- LINKED INTERNET SITESKENS Lock and Key is not responsible for the content available on any other
Internet sites linked to the site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site
is at the user's own risk.
- POSTINGS[For use in connection with message boards or chat rooms on the Site.] KENS Lock
and Key is under no obligation to review any messages, information or content
("Postings") posted on the Site by users and assumes no responsibility or
liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, KENS Lock and
Key may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site and may decline to accept
and/or remove any Postings that contain:
- Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene,
profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind,
including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute
a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable
local, state, national or international law.
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind. [Note - This is not applicable for those
Sites with message boards containing classified advertisements.]
- Messages posted by users impersonating others.
- Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security
numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
- Messages by non-spokesperson employees of KENS Lock and Key purporting to speak on
behalf of KENS Lock and Key.
- Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
- Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same
- Chain letters of any kind.
- TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA[For use in connection with Sites through which proprietary Customer account data may
be transmitted.] User acknowledges and agrees that by providing KENS Lock and Key
with any personal or proprietary user information through the Site, user consents to the
transmission of such personal or proprietary user information over international borders
as necessary for processing in accordance with KENS Lock and Key' standard business
- CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONSKENS Lock and Key reserves the right to revise these Rules and Regulations at
any time and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Rules
- VIOLATIONS OF RULES AND REGULATIONSKENS Lock and Key reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and
in equity for violations of these Rules and Regulations, including the right to block
access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
- ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted
to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the
Site may be subject to prosecution.
Please use your browser's "BACK" button to return to the
Copyright © 1998 KENS Lock and Key Company. All Rights Reserved.